- The introduction does not have a section heading (i.e. don't add ==Introduction== or similar)
- In encyclopedic articles, the article title often appears in bold in the first sentence
- The intro should stand alone as a concise overview
- It is an abstract of the article so...
- ...it should only contain things that are in the article
- ...it should contain actual information, not just the promise of information
- The table of contents comes right after the intro, if the article has more than 3 headings
- Lead section — Wikipedia help